I have a jcb 531-70 Agri super and I'm having issues with the joystick not functioning intermittently when using a hay round bale grab attachment, the fault occurs intermittently and when failed it will not let me use and function on joystick (boom raise lower, attachment tilt/crowd, boom Tele in or out and all buttons and thumb wheels). Joystick has been replaced (at owners request) and fault is still intermittent off and on. Has any came across this issue before? Also another issue on the same machine is the rear steer when locked in the straight ahead position on the control on the dash intermittently will not maintain steering lock. The steer cylinder proximity pickup has been recalibrated and test fine and when cycling the steer wheel I can here the solenoid and valve locking up rear steer cylinder ports. The rear steer cylinder does not steer as if it is getting input from valve but more like the steer cylinder piston seals are bypassing?(has anyone came across this as the steer cylinder was resealed approx 300 hours ago).
There was a tech sheet that the early 530 machines were having problems with steering wandering and out of alignment this solved with the anti cavitation valve being blanked off the later machines had this done at factory just the early machines. I think the TI is 5/180 you will need to speak to your local dealer. From memory it was find the anti cav valve chassis front I think and I believe it was remove hose at position c and position v and join together to by pass the anti cav in the return circuit. As far as your joystick problems you need to see if its hydraulic fault or an electrical probs are its electrical they normally run from a main fuse which controls the ign relay the fuse sits in the battery area connected to the live cable make sure of good contact also find the relay and check I think it also powers up the roof electrics things like wipers and lights from memory. Also check the wiring plug for good connection to chassis harness
Thanks jeff the steering issue you speak of mate would u have any diagrams ? And are u aware of any serial numbers this effects the jcb customer support network here leaves much to be desired.
I will see if I can find more info some machines had this done at factory before they went out and some were field fixed yours may be done. I guess the rams are all ok and not leaking.
This might help! Just a thought have you had any problems with stiff steering as you have electric servo controls for loader .