Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JCB lost both front and rear headlights

JRUGG ยท 2013-04-28 20:49

I have lost both front and rear headlights on my 1999 JCB 214S. Fuses are good, lights are good, relays are good, switch checks OK. There is no power at both 15A fuses designated for lights. If I apply power to these fuses the lights work. Wish I could find an electrical schematic somewhere?

Replies3
  1. #13steps562013-04-28 21:28

    Do you have power on anything else in the fuse box? Sounds like main power to fuse box has been interupted.

  2. #2watglen2013-04-28 23:14

    The grounds on those machines are a common problem. I have added several ground wires over the years on mine. My lights were weak lately as well, but adding a ground wire between cab frame and transmission housing brought them back on bright again.

  3. #3JRUGG2013-04-29 09:22

    Yes, all other fuses have power. I took dash apart to expose harness. Do not see any wear and tear to wiring, nor any damage from mice.