Hi. I'm new to the forum, and I don't have a lot of mechanical background. I have a jcb8025 that has started leaking from what I think is a pressure release cap? I've attached a picture. It says to "hand tighten only". It does have a rubber seal that doesn't have any nicks or cracks. The top of the metal casting seems to have to small indentations on the "rim" that are directly opposite one another (I think they are like that from the manufacturer)? Any thoughts of why it has started leaking would be greatly appreciated. I've attached a couple of pictures for reference.
there should be an oring in the grove at the base. It may be stuck on the cap you removed.
Yes there is an o ring, but it appears to be in good condition. I’ll replace it. thanks for the response.
Is that your return filter ?. If so maybe it is dirty and letting too much pressure build up.