I see these skid steer augers in a metal crate for sale all around me, 12" & 18" augers, drive unit with QA plate & hoses for $2k -$2.5k I asked one for the model number, was told it's the SE-1975 FWIW I really think it the smallest unit, a SE-975 Anyone using one of these ?
I bought one recently... indeed does look to be the smallest model(15gpm). Only used it once to verify that it works...(I throttled down to use it as it’s 15gpm and my machine is 20) Haven’t given it a thorough workout yet as the only hole I attempted chewed the 12” auger bit up... but that’s due to the soil here being less soil and mostly rock!
Yes, I borrowed a "Bobcat" branded one for the pole barn crew, I have never run one before. Drilled 18" holes well, but we hit shale, and I had smoke coming out the hole it was tough going. The pounding and jumping were intense. Had to wiggle the bit sideways a wee bit to get it to keep drilling when we hit that undisturbed shale. I wonder how well these JCT ones hold up ?
So far the cheap jct auger is holding up ok. ... drilling thru some bad rocky ground i have done less than 50 holes but it will turn a 16” bit and an 8” rock bit just fine. the bracket where the auger motor mounts to the skidsteer plate has twisted/bent a fair amount... not sure why they used 1/4” plate for one joint and 1/2” plate on the other. ... will be welding that back up soon with something thicker.