Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD 1070 is 4900 bucks fair price

winky ยท 2011-08-14 14:25

I need a backup tractor and a dealer has a 1070 , unknown hours , front grill missing bottom piece , looks like it hit a post , other than that looks like a 6 out of 10 . tires good , no smoke . Dealer said it is a 4 wheel drive but has no front drive shaft . They said they bought 3 and none had one , claims they use this one for mowing and moving things around the shop. My local dealer has one , 4500 hours , 2 wheel, looks like a 5 out of 10 , 1990 for 6900 bucks thats why i was thinking on the the one for 4900 which i can pick up , 130 miles from me , any thoughts would be helpful

Replies3
  1. #1mitch5042011-08-14 15:40

    I've seen that ad, looks like a heck of a deal, if not too good.

  2. #2equip guy2011-09-07 21:18

    Its a yanmar unit. Can still get parts through deere, good unit. For a 1990 I would go for more like $4,000-4,500. I have one same year.

  3. #3Jlillie22011-09-28 11:03

    I'd be really concerned with why the front driveshaft was missing. Its almost NEVER as simple as just tossing a new driveshaft in. I'd be wondering if the front dif's were weak/shattered/junk/ other.... That kind of stuff can get expensive quick.