I have a JD 200 D that came to the shop last week. After getting it hot and running it hard, it will loose power and cut off quickly. It starts right back up. The filter housing assemblies were both replaced by the customer, prior to bringing it in. I see no sign of fuel leaks or bad lines. It acts like it is running out of fuel. Any ideas or experience with this symptoms.Thanks for the help.
Check to make sure you don't have some floating in tank blocking off suction tube .When go to check it you will have to empty the tank.Get your self good clean 55 gallon drums to put the fuel in .Look in there with a light you might be surprised to find what you see .I have found all kinds of stuff in fuel tanks.How many hours on it ?
What is the engine's behavior after restart? Quick, easy restart makes me wonder about the engine computer.
Also check harness plug at injection pump. I have had plug connections loose up .And check all ground connections battery ,harness and others .
Thanks for the responses. It will be in the shop today. We will look those items over and get back in touch.
Not sure I remember but doesn't that machine have an electric supply pump?
Machine Number - 1FF200DXHA0512266 I will respond to to your questions as soon as I take a look at the machine. Thanks.
Engine Model # - 6068HT069 I did not have a lot of time yesterday to look at it. I saw no leaking fuel lines. No loose connections or frayed wires. Operator states that when it shuts down , it will start right back up and run at full power.
Sounds electrical. My troubleshooting list is connections, connections, connections, then everything else. Take each connection apart. Feel and inspect it carefully, clean if necessary. Use a light to see all pins and sockets are at the proper height. Reinstall the connection, feeling if there are clicks as the latches lock. Wiggle each wire, both ends if accessible, to insure the wire is fully seated into the plug. I don't know about Deere construction, but I know Deere ag stuff had a problem about installing ground wires over painted surfaces.
Thanks for all the suggestions. I believe I found the problem. When someone changed the starter, they loosened the supply line to transfer pump to get the line out of the way. And apparently over tightened it and cracked the fitting. (didn't have a visible leak). Replaced fitting and ran for 2 hours today;It appears to be fixed. Will know when we get it to the job.