hey guys, if anyone knows what else I can trouble shoot on my machine could use some help. It shut down while we were working. I thought fuel filter, and replaced that, primed it up and nothing. checked battery connections and power at fuses to find there is no power going through the fuse that says its a fuel relay. so no power at fuel pump, but power everywhere else. Any idea's? hoping I dont have a computer issue? Thanks in advance if you have any idea's. Bob
There is a red and a black wire that connect directly to the batery cables on the battery. Those wires go directly to the control box under the injector pump on the engine. Those two wires must have a good connection. I don`t remember what if anything is on the same circuit. If all else fails, try to energize the fuse and see if it will start. At least determine if it will run or not. good luck.
Thanks Greg, I spent a good while yesterday trying to follow where those two wires went. Thanks for your answer! Can I ask you more on this? Yesterday i was testing everything trying to figure why the pump doesnt get power. The control box? is that what Deere is calling the ecu? There is a 10 amp fuse above the box in a sheath that I checked and when we crank the engine it has power, also fuses under the dash that say start relay only have power when cranking. I do not have power anytime to the white or black wire that plugs into the end of the injector pump. I wonder if control box has shut down machine thinking its protecting it. the machine was running, then quit, my son was running it helping me and he said the dash lights came on flashing. then it stalled and hasn't started since. The tractor was not overheated. im thinking a bad sensor was telling the control box it was hot and it shut down and won't start again. but i am guessing now. any light you or anyone else can shed on this is greatly appreciated.
it is a PITA#@ to trouble shoot. When I was with Deere I always sent along both a box and a pump. Sometimes it point to the control box and other times the pump. There is no test for the box. If you pull the pump, a reutable diesel rebuildr can test the pump. If the pump tests good, you have a box problem. It is an empty box the dealer will have to program to your S/N. It`s not a cheap box either as I remember.
Hey guys just to give you an update. I finally had to have Deere come out and the service tech found that my crank sensor wire was loose in the connector. he also went over the wires to the ecu and tightened up all the little connectors inside with a connector tool. That was all that was wrong. Go figure. I was right not to try to jump anything in those area's as its all low voltage. So if anyone else has a problem like this, make sure those two small wires are tight and connected at the battery. and make sure all you connections are snapped in good an tight everywhere on your engine before you start spending money. Thanks for the help.
Im having same problem it will start with gas thats what I use . But will not stay running had ecu replaced year and a half ago .