Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Jd 210le reverse issue

Jptp · 2025-03-28 05:21

Hi there. I have an issue with the reverse engaging at all forward engages fine. Thanks in advance I need help from the pros here.

Replies23
  1. #1Jptp2025-04-01 00:05

    Any help would be great.

  2. #2mg23612025-04-01 05:37

    Welcome to HEF Jp ! Do you have voltage at the T13B Blue wire coming out of the FNR when in reverse? Check it by backprobing carefully.

  3. #3Jptp2025-04-01 13:34

    Thank you for the reply mg. Yes I am getting 11.60 volts on the blue wire with the key in the on position and FNR in reverse. I did ordered and new after market FNR tried it today and everything is still the same. Picture shown here is with the old FNR plugged back in.

  4. #4Jptp2025-04-01 16:59

    Could the problem be anywhere here do you think? There was a critter on the tractor the other day and the dogs chasing it trying to go after it they cut some wires which I have tied back together here with the red shrink wrap all 4 color coded there color to color I’ve put back together these go to a connector to the accelerator pedal. And the One on the sensor right above the rear axle I’ve swap those 2 red wires around to the plug and I’ve gone to try the reverse on the tractor and nothing changes, because those 2 red wires on the sensor were not cut they were just undone from that plug connector. And where my main most concern is on the connector to the transmission where I have the splices on blue wires exposed I really don’t know which blue to blue goes together here because those were cut through all the way by the dogs and I wasn’t able to identify the original placement of these wires I have swapped those 2 exposed end splices around and nothing the other blue and black wires I know I’m sure they go like that because when I tied those 2 back together they were not cut through all the way. The tractor almost feels like it wants to move forward when I put the FNR into reverse with no actually driving backwards, it still drives forward with no problem as of now. And I’ve noticed that if I press all the way on the gas pedal while in reverse it feels like it moves forward just a hair. Sorry for such a long message Hope this helps in any way. Thanks again.

  5. #5Jptp2025-04-01 17:02
  6. #6HarleyHappy2025-04-01 17:10

    You have wiring issues.

  7. #7edgephoto2025-04-01 20:31

    That wiring is a mess. Are you stabbing the wire with your meter? Backprobe means carefully pitting a fine pin into the connector next to the wire. T head sewing pins work well for this. I think the issue is with the Blue wire.

  8. #8mg23612025-04-02 05:12

    You now need to check that the voltage is getting to the reverse solenoid. You need to backprobe the T13B wire at the plug at the top of the transmission control valve. Use Tee pins as edgephoto stated or use backprobes like shown below.

  9. #9Jptp2025-04-02 15:16

    Thanks to you all for the input. Mg I’m not getting a reading when I back prove that plug connector at the very top solenoid of the three solenoids also I am not getting a reading when I unplug it from the solenoid and try it that way. Can that plug be unplugged from the solenoid when I check for voltage there? Or does it have to be connected and checked for voltage by back proving?

  10. #10edgephoto2025-04-02 20:23

    If you check when unplugged you are measuring across an open circuit. Measuring a circuit while it is operated will measure voltage drop. This is much better. This will determine if you have unwanted resistance in the circuit (bad connection, corrosion, loose terminal, etc) The reason you measure system voltage across an open is there is no current flow so the unwanted resistance is not affecting the system. Basic electric theory here. First thing, unplug the connector and check for voltage and ground. If you have voltage and ground then move to voltage drop test. Plug it back in, back probe across both terminals, measure the voltage drop when trying to activate. It should read battery voltage. If not have one lead on positive wire back probed and other meter lead on a good ground. Measure., if you have battery voltage you have a bad ground wire. The connect meter to battery positive and back probe the ground side and measure. No voltage then you have a positive wire problem.

  11. #11Jptp2025-04-02 21:11

    Thank you edgephoto. I just unplugged it, with the key in the on position and reverse in the on position on the FNR I’m not getting a voltage reading to any of the 2 wires when I prove the connector plug that goes into the solenoid.

  12. #12edgephoto2025-04-02 23:46

    Have you checked the fuse? How about checking at the switch?

  13. #13Jptp2025-04-02 23:58

    I checked them, all checked good except for one I’m not sure about it is not blown but if I take that one fuse out and I check for power at the socket there is no power at fuse socket. Which would be the fuse for this? Sorry I’m not following checking at the switch..?

  14. #14Jptp2025-04-03 00:11

    Fuse 20 is the one I am referring to.

  15. #15mg23612025-04-03 04:58

    That is not the solenoid I am referring to do. The plug that you need to check the voltage is the round plug that goes into the transmission control vale that is mounted above the hydraulic pump. Any fuse that has to do with transmission will affect all gears, not just reverse.

  16. #16Jptp2025-04-03 10:24

    Understood. I see it, it has 4 wires attached which one of the wires should I check for voltage and should I be in reverse while I do that? Now that you mention that any fuse will affect all gears I do feel like the forward gears are all messed up it feels like 3rd gear now used to be the 1st before. ‍♂️

  17. #17Jptp2025-04-03 12:04
  18. #18mg23612025-04-04 04:43

    The machine will not even try to move if a fuse was blown. If your forward directions are not right, that changes everything as far a troubleshooting. So what exactly are you experiencing? Does it move in forward? With power? With the engine and transmission warmed up, hold your foot on the brake pedal, 3rd forward, press throttle to full rpm, what rpm do you see on the monitor? Perform the same with 1st and 2nd, but instead of watching rpm, will the machine push through the brakes? As far as that connector picture you posted, are there wire numbers on the wires?

  19. #19Jptp2025-04-04 15:34

    I am experiencing the following - the machine only moves forward with power in all gears. in 1st, 3rd and 4th gear it pushes machine while pressing the brakes and without pressing on gas pedal. In 2nd gear I have to press on the gas pedal and it will move then. I used to use the machine in 2nd gear all the time before and now 2nd gear feels how 4th gear used to feel like before I have no reverse in none of the gears yet. I don’t have an rpm monitor I am not able to see what the rpm is while pressing on gas pedal Yes wires in the connector are numbered.

  20. #20edgephoto2025-04-04 20:33

    what I meant by switch is work your way back testing at each connector. Not sure how this system works. I assumed there is a reverse switch that activates the solenoid. Do you have a wiring diagram? Without one you are just shooting in the dark.

  21. #21Jptp2025-04-04 20:46

    When I was testing the plug at the solenoid tractor was idling in reverse at the FNR lever at steering. I was also testing while selecting through the different gears while still in reverse but I didn’t get a voltage reading while doing that. Unfortunately I am shooting in the dark I don’t have a wiring diagram. Where can I get one?

  22. #22mg23612025-04-05 06:12

    Check your messages.

  23. #23Jptp2025-04-06 02:55

    Thank you mg. Again everyone else for the input. If I ever find out what is wrong with it I will post here to let everyone know who maybe experiencing the same issue.