Hey guys, This past weekend I went home to check out the tractor and see why the electric parking brake has been giving us so much grief. I checked the transmission fluid and it was VERY low, not even showing on the stick. Added transmission fluid and it was good to go, the only question I have is that I don't see any dripping under the machine when it sits, are there any hydraulics that are ran from the transmission? Does anyone have suggestions? We think there is a leak in one of the hose's for the bucket but I am not sure if they could be related? There is a separate tank for hydraulic fluid but I could be on the wrong track.. Thanks in advance!
Has it had a recent trans fluid and filter change? It is common not to get enough fluid back in after a change. On mine, I have to run it for a while after a change and then add more fluid. And, just like yours, when not enough fluid is added, the electric parking brake engages and you have to recycle it to move again.
not that im aware of, we bough the machine about a year ago and tinker with it on the weekends mostly. i know it must have been pretty low because when we put it in drive and reverse it had to fill up to torque converter so we had to refill it again even after that..there must be a leak im not seeing, it sits on dirt and gets parked pretty randomly, i will just put some cardboard under it and see how that goes.
If anyone still needs an answer to this the tranny oil is going into the rearend through parking brake seals, service brake seals, or most likely the diff lock piston seals.
Mobile man, my 210 parking brake wont disengage and I noticed that the rear end is full of oil and it is coming out of the breather. Operator said tranny fluid was low so he added more, but we couldn't tell were it was going... now I know. I was curious to if you have any more info on what you stated above. my JD dealership isn't really helpful and just wants me to bring the machine in. Im looking for part numbers and diagrams so i can do the work myself.
I doubt if you will get a response from mobileman. He hasn't logged in for nearly 9 years.
Did you end up getting this resolved? I have topped off the transmission oil - looks like it may be the solenoid but I am mechanically illiterate. I was looking at the parts diagram and can't make out which ones are the solenoid.