Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD 290G LC A/C Codes

SLK001 · 2025-05-03 14:51

My JD 290G LC is giving me the following Air Conditioning codes: The A/C isn't blowing cold air right now, so it no worky. I've not used the A/C up to now, because I was missing the front lower window glass and mud dobbers were using my cab as their love nest (everywhere they could get in, they stuck their mud on - including inside the A/C ducts and even the seat). The cab is now sealed (new front glass) and I have recovered the seat, so no more nests - hopefully. Since it is about to get hot, having a working A/C would be nice. I've tried looking up the codes on JD's JOHN DEERE FAULT CODES LIST , but I've come up dry. I don't even know which of the 40 fault code categories to look in. Does anyone have insight as to these codes? Which category would they be listed in?

Replies3
  1. #1Diesel Dave2025-05-04 09:55

    See (4) screenshots below. Code 51 , could be low on refrigerant as well . . . .

  2. #2SLK0012025-05-04 11:22

    Wow... Dave, you get 10 out of 10! I'm going to copy this off and save it! Looking at the Hi/Lo pressure switch, is it configured to be OFF/ON/OFF? Looking at this pic it would seem so, only being on when the pressure is in the "sweet zone". Would a good test be to: 1) Start the A/C. 2) Short the connector to the switch. 3) See if the A/C blows cold? If the A/C starts to blow cold, it would confirm that the switch is bad (assuming that you have a proper gas charge). Is there a schematic to the A/C unit controls? One more thing... Can the monitor cover (item 2) be removed? My monitor has dust and water streaks on the inside (the outside of the monitor is clean in the post #1 picture - what you see is dirt on the INSIDE)? With new windows, I can now clean it up and it will stay that way (hopefully).

  3. #3Diesel Dave2025-05-04 12:51

    The pressure switch would be closed if the refrigerant charge is correct. I think it would be better to test the switch with an ohm meter. Check your messages for a schematic.