hi I posted last year when I was working on it but ended up stopping due to had cancer and tumor exploded but now I ok basically and getting back to it the backhoe had lost both brakes at the same time.. I tried bleeding like I forgot who told me on here last year but I cant find my old article. I took 3 videos and I also tried it running the backhoe I get no fluid out of the brake lines really here is the video
Comet.... glad to hear your on the mend..... Do you have the tech man. for the old girl? tm1158? I have the b series but it looks to be the same setup.
... and while I have not bled a lot of brake lines in my day.... I thought that the procedure was 1.valve opened 2. pedal depressed ( and held depressed) 3. valve closed 4. release pedal ..... which then drew fluid into the master.... Looks to me like you were just pumping the pedal with the valve open...????
thanks ya hoping no radiation but I go on 27th to find out.. they don't wanna do radiaition will will create more cancer to start always something and A B are basically the same and no I don't have a manual as for pedaling in ya first 2 videos but third one I was doing put finger on the end press down pedal let go finger you hear the air shoot out.. I put my finger back on and pull pedal up let go finger put finger back down and put pedal down air shot out.. did it also with it running still nothing.. also did push pedal down put finger on end pulled pedal up let finger go pressed down put the finger on pulled up... but nothing working no fluid coming out..and I figured if I pulled unit off and started backhoe it should pour oil then id know the pedal block thing is the probem and not getting oil in pedal area
I would think that the building of some pressure with the pedal would be a sign your pressure plate orings are good??. I would think you would feel suction on the finger when letting go of the pedal..... I always open and close the bleeder with a wrench.... and always open and close in one stroke. With a clear plastic hose on the nipple going right into the fluid dip stick hole.
well last year when I had this article back in November I was trying to bleed at the at the top of the axels but no oil was really coming out and in the video I don't really feel a suction just when you see when I move finger off it blows off air.. I only get tiny bit of oil.. nothing like a car where it squirts out im thinking something more serious? as last year I was driving and I wanted to stop and both pedals went to the floor instantly no brakes.. my idea was I was going to take that block off that has the parts in the brake.. start up the backhoe and if oil comes shooting out then I know brakes get oil and maybe it just pours back into transmissmission or if no oil comes up maybe a something is plug?
so I took the block off.. and started up the backhoe yup oil comes out but I confused how this works.. where the oil comes out there is no hole on the block .. the only hole is on the return I guess so I confused how this brake system works
here the pics
I found pin hole on the block part.. so it goes in a smaller hole.. but has anyone taken this brake pedal block apart and know what to look for?
Sorry.... have not been into that part.
Comet, I'm dealing with the exact same issue right now. HeavyEquipmentForums My 310A sat for a couple months between jobs and had no brakes when I went to get it again. Unfortunately, I haven't gotten as far as you have with the repairs. Taking the valve body off like you did is my next step . I have the Service manual at my house, but I'm working out of state at the moment. I do remember it showing that there are springs behind almost ever plug that is on the valve body holding in check balls. So, if you do start taking it apart, expect springs, check balls and o rings behind every plug you unscrew. Hopefully you make some progress and share what you find as I will be working on my 310A again when I get home. If not, I'll share what I find because it sounds like we're dealing with the same type of issue.
so I took it all apart and washed it out blew it out I guess when I used compressed air I blew out the one check vavle I didn't know there was one in there.. but how you get the cap off to get in there to get that valve? and all I found was some pits on the 2 pistons but didn't thinkj that be reason why it not working figured maybe the pin hole was plugged not sure.. but its all cleaned out but now I wanna take that check valve out and fix it again.. but not sure how you take it out without welding a nut to the plug
I was able to get it out I got luck I punch it put from underneath. I had to replace the brake lines ordered the caps but can you tell me is this a double flare or bubble flare I need to make
so i replaced the brake lines as well and I was able to bleed the left side.. so I not sure if maybe a broken brake line or combo but probably the lines as they broke when I took the fittings off and those fittings are hard to get the caps... but I posted it last year but how do I bleed the right side it has this special cap does it unscrew I didn't wanna break it.. here it is
I'm not positive, but the picture looks like a electric pressure switch with the wires missing. You may be able to bleed by loosening the 90 deg elbow where it screws into the casting.
oh a pressure switch I don't think this had it on the brakes ya what I was doing was for now twisiting it out press the brake then screwed it back down I probably see if I can get a bleeder valve from the car parts store... but I don't think that's normal to have a pressurve switch on the brake? as I looked up parts diagrams its not on it
My 310A has a bleeder on each side at the top of the housing. I do have a pressure switch on the right side, but it is located farther down on the backside of the housing. I'll try to get a picture of it tomorrow if I can remember.
ok that be good as maybe they put this in wrong spot whoever had backhoe before me..trying to bleed that was a pain as I had vice grips hand to get on my knees down there and press pedal easier with a socket lol