Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD 310A help

anlricks ยท 2009-12-29 20:49

I was offered a 310a backhoe today with a new engine. The owner said the hydralics were week so he had a new pump installed. When he got it back from the shop it ran for a day then stopped moving. He was told it had an additional internal pump that needed replacing. Before I buy it I would like to know if this might be the case or could it be something else. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Replies2
  1. #1bill onthehill2009-12-30 06:01

    There are a number of threads on here about this problem. they use a pump to supply fluid from the reservoir to the main hydraulic pump. I will see if I can find one of the threads.

  2. #2grandpa2009-12-30 07:01

    Yes the 310A does have and internal transmission pump and a bad pump would cause the machine not to move. Replacement of the pump requires splitting of the machine to facilitate the replacement.")