Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD 310A Parts and a Thumb

GRBOregon ยท 2006-03-09 12:19

I have a 310A John Deere Extend-a-hoe and need to redo the bushings on both buckets. Anyone have a good aftermarket source for bushings and pins? Also looking for a thumb-have about 5000 small stumps to pull on my property so I really need one. Looked at the Alumet but they are $2000. Only paid $6000 for my machine so would like to either get plans and build one or find a source for a used one. Thanks. GR Brown in Sisters, OR

Replies2
  1. #1CascadeScaper2006-03-09 14:45

    If you have a machine shop close by, I would have them quote you with what it would cost to redo your pins and bushings. Usually they're pretty competitive with pricing.

  2. #2tuney4432006-03-22 22:56

    Oregon--I have a homemade mech.thumb on my 510B that I described how to build on another thread a few days ago.But for small stumps{or larger},I simply loosen the stump,push it away from you so it's standing at an angle leaning away from you,then place your bucket over the top and squeeze hard and your stump will now be inverted for you to handle.