Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD 310B – How to hold Reversible Stabilizer Pads in position

Scout_1969 ยท 2014-05-24 07:02

Especially in soft soils, the reversible stabilizer pads will flip on their own when pulling stabilizers up. My model (JD 310B) does not have any additional holes for a pin or 'keeper' of sorts. I have tried bungee cords with no luck and thought about welding or attaching a chain and hook or something. Does anyone have a way to hold them in position?

Replies2
  1. #1dixon7002014-05-24 11:20

    Have the same problem on my case. I guess get out and flip them every time or design some way to pin them.

  2. #21466IH2014-05-24 11:30

    If you don't ever use it on pavement I unbolted the rubber pads off of my 590 and bolted on some 2x2x3/8" channel and the thing is rock solid now and if and when I ever work on pavement or concrete I can lay down an piece of 2x12 and some rubber belting Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk