Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD 310c Clutch

davidd ยท 2010-09-08 20:54

Greetings All, Today on my 310c the buttons on the gear shift lever and the loader bucket quit working. The forward , reverse , neutral shifter works normal. The question is does the buttons do the same thing as the neutral position on the shifter. Seems there should be only one clutch pack?? I do not have a wireing diagram. Any ideas on where to start. Thanks, David d.

Replies4
  1. #1willie592010-09-08 21:27

    The buttons on the loader control and shift lever operate a solenoid on the reverser box, when you press either of those two switches, the solenoid dumps the oil pressure from the charge pump that engages the clutch packs. By dumping oil to clutch packs, it's like having neutral. Let go of button, pressure resumes to fwd or rev clutch pack and your going again. Check to see if that circuit has power on it, if not, why. If that's not it, may be the solenoid on the reverser is faulty. I'm thinking it's item #1 in this pic, not certain though.

  2. #2davidd2010-09-09 07:13

    Thanks, Atco I will check things out. I seldom use the buttons and will check it as time permits. I can shift gears with the reverser lever. It just a little more cordination. By the way I have been very pleased with my JD. So far its a tough old machine. I use it for land clearing. The biggest dissapointment is the 4 in 1 bucket. It is a worthless accessory in my situiation. Again thanks and I will let you know what is found. David d.

  3. #3davidd2010-09-09 12:12

    Alls well that ends well. I crawled under today and found leaves around the reverser. Evidence of a visitor limb. The wire to the solenoid was unplugged . The ears was bronken off the plug-jack. Probably a good thing or it may have pulled the wire out by roots. All buttons work normal. Thanks again , Atco , for the quick tip. David d.

  4. #4willie592010-09-09 20:01

    Your welcome bro.