I'm in the process of changing the oil for the first time in my JD 310C reverser and torque converter and discovered this in the bottom of the reverser sump pan (see picture). At first I thought it was some kind of washer that fell down into the sump but it appears to be magnetized, so I assume it was put in there to catch metal shavings. Is this something that JD would have put in there or would it have more likely been put in there by a previous owner? I'm having difficulty and hesitation going into forward gear (reverse is fine), so I'm trying to rule out simple things like oil level, sump screen, etc before I decide if a reverser rebuild should be considered. This magnet did have metal shavings on it but it wasn't horribly bad. I assume there should be no harm in leaving that magnet in there, correct?
See screenshot below.
Thanks, Dave.