I am a new backhoe owner. I bought a 1989 JD 310c and I am having reverser issues. The screen in the reverser keeps clogging and the hoe will not move forward. I have cleaned the screen twice. I think it is pieces of clutch pads that keep clogging it. I have never remover a reverser or a torque converter and would appreciate someone posting the best method to remove/replace. Should I replace both since I am going to this much trouble? Kobb
My 310c started to lose pulling power in forward so I went to the JD dealer today and they said to pull them out together and pull the reverser apart and replace the forward clutches. Have not decided what to do, they told me if they do it could cost between 2 & 5 thousand. I thinking I out of the business or maybe trade up. I have seen on broken tractor the kits run from $250.00 to $500.00.