Greetings All I have my hoe back from the shop. The shop had to replace the MFWD chunk. The seal was gone on the chunk and allowed dirt to enter. The 4 wheel drive now works fine. BUT after a few hour of use the steering is strange. Turn the steering wheel and the wheels turn, but they do not stay as turned. They gradually return back to straight ahead. It does this either left or right turn. After the machine cooled overnight , the same thing happens when cooled. To turn the machine I have to keep turning the steering wheel. The steering wheel turns easily enough with no noises, but it always want to go straight. Could this be some type of adjustment? If not any ideas? Thanks, David d
steering My first thought, is the steering cylinder is bypassing internal. You can find this out by taking one of the hoses, to the cylinder off completely. Make sure you have a container for the oil, turn the wheel one way (the way that causes fluid to come out of the cylinder, not the open line) Does fluid continue to come out of the cylinder fitting as you keep turning the wheel? It will be about a pint, a guess, come out anyway but after that it shouldnt be any. If it continues to come out, the seals are blown inside the cylinder, or the end has come off the rod end. If this is the case, I think you can take it apart (one end) on the machine and reseal the unit. This is a easy check, good luck and keep us posted
I finaly got the steering cylinder repacked. The steering is fine. It took a while as the front weight had to be removed and the steering knuckles were toughies. It is good to now go where I want the machine to go. David d.