Hey Fellas, Well after scratching the dirt for a while going in reverse and then back to forward. About an hour worth of work, I smelt burnt hydraulic fluid and hopped out to see the bottom of the reverser pan dripping a little oil and the hole going up to the torque converter had a few drops coming out as well. When I opened up the reverser oil inlet and pulled the dipstick smoke came out as well.....That aint right. So what are we looking at? I dropped the fluid from the reverser pan and a lot come flying out!! I then added new hydralic fluid to help take some of the heat off. Did this twice and she settled down. I still have forward and reverse. Why would the fluid be getting so dang hot? I have the repair manuals showing up on Wed. I just need a list from you guys on what to start checking on. I am guessing I need to drop the reverser pan and clean the screen and also blow out the reverser line leading to the cooler and I am hoping the repair manual shows me how to blow out the cooler properly. What else do I need to do. I know I may be looking at a Reverser and Torque converter rebuild but I want to make sure I fix the actual problem and not just the symptoms. This all started with the dash showing the Stop Warning light...see my thread here Thanks, Stephen
No replies yet.