New to me 1998 Jd 310E. Ser. #T0310EX843562 I only ran it long enough to park it. I pulled the radiator and just now reinstalled. I did not get a chance to familiarize my self with the controls. It would start with or without the seat belt fastened before. Now I have the FR lever in neutral, gear lever in neutral, bucket lever in neutral, parking brake on, and ride stabilizer off (I think), no alarm but no juice to the starter solenoid. I assume there is a seat safety switch. Any ideas for first place to look?
Might wanna try jiggling the forward and reverse lever a little.
I did and checked the fuses. Now trying to find check saftey switches. I am guessing the switch on Forward and Reverse or if there is one on the seat one of them is the issue.
F16 start fuse OK?
Yes
I don’t see power at the start fuse at anytime, even when the key is in start position. I am guessing a safety switch is before the start fuse, although I assumed it would be after the fuse. I do not hear an alarm even when trying to start while F and R lever is in gear. I do hear a non stop ticking sound but have not found where in the cab it is located. I think it is a fried alarm. I pulled the big wire connector between the cab an oil tank to see if it was wet from sitting with that cover off.i pulled the dash apart to clean out a mouse nest but found no chewed wires. I pulled, checked, and put dielectric grease on all fuses. I will study the manual and see if i can find the location of start safety switches. What bothers me is it was starting fine when parked a month ago although i did leave the cover between the fire wall and hood off during that time. Something made the alarm die yesterday. I am open to any suggestions.
There is no seat safety switch on the 310E. Do any of the fuses on the bottom row have power with key switch on?
i don’t think so but will check in the morning. Thanks for the info on the no seat safety.
If no power on bottom row of fuses the number one culprit is the accessory relay. You should hear a loud relay click when turn key on from behind instrument panel. This will be a large round relay similar to an old ford starter relay. With key on you should have battery voltage on both sides and small excitation wire should have battery voltage. If fails test this is a continuous duty 40 amp relay. Don’t purchase the 20 amp automobile relay they will last about as long as it took to install it seen customers try this many times if this is not problem we will run more checks.
Steve i am hearing the click and it is strong but i plan to pull that area apart this morning. I am trying to take it in steps so not to contaminate the diagnostic process. Thanks for the tip about the 40 amp solenoid because that is exactly what I would have done. I did notice there is a K1 start relay next to the cold start aid solenoid. Page section 16 page 35 in the repair technical manual. A wire was off the solenoid but i thought someone had disconnected the cold start set up but just now realize it is not related to the cold start Maybe i bumped the wire removing the hood. Thanks for your help.
Steve i am hearing the click and it is strong but i plan to pull that area apart this morning. I am trying to take it in steps so not to contaminate the diagnostic process. Thanks for the tip about the 40 amp solenoid because that is exactly what I would have done. I did notice there is a K1 start relay next to the cold start aid solenoid. Page section 16 page 35 in the repair technical manual. A wire was off the solenoid but i thought someone had disconnected the cold start set up but just realize it is not related to the cold start Maybe i bumped the wire removing the hood. I have not found a wiring diagram in either manual. Am I just missing it?
It was the wire on the solenoid. Thanks