Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD 310E questions

born2ride ยท 2014-08-31 20:33

Hi all ! Just picked up this machine not to familiar with it so I have a few general questions 1 - I was wonder what is normal idle rpm? 2 - it have a light hydraulic buss when turn steering wheel- Is this normal? 3 - Will i loose alot of hydraulic fluid changing filter? 4 - Does the engine use 15-40 oil? I was going to service machine ,air,fuel,oil change, hydraulic filter, Are napa gold ok?

Replies18
  1. #1Moonlite2014-08-31 21:58

    I believe idle rpm is around 550 I use napa gold filters or carquest premium filters You shouldnt loose alot of fluid when changing the hydraulic filter. A gallon at the most. The steering buzz im not sure about.

  2. #2born2ride2014-08-31 22:32

    @Moonlite Thanks . I thought the machine was running high a ilde it was right around 950

  3. #3Deeretracks2014-09-02 12:20

    1. Low idle on a 310E is 900-925 rpms. 2. More info needed about hyd buzz to help much. 3. Shouldn't loose much oil when changing the filter but have a bucket handy and the new filter ready to install just in case. The thermal bypass valve likes to hang open on those machines and if it does you'll get a steady stream coming out while the filter is off. 4. Yes, 15w40.

  4. #4born2ride2014-09-03 20:09

    I found the fuel filter full of rusty brown mud when dumping out at bottom, Changed oil and filter, both air filters and took small bath when changing hydraulic filter.. The trans filter appear to be original . should I change this with fluid or just filter? I will try to video the buzz noise when turning. What is meant by low Idle? is there a high idle mode on machine?

  5. #5Moonlite2014-09-03 20:19

    I would change trans oil and filter. Low idle is what the rpms are when your not stepping on throttle and have hand throttle retracted.

  6. #6born2ride2014-09-03 22:26

    Ok on idle and any idea how much fluid the trans takes? Any recommendation on fluid? In my hydro 84 I only run the case stuff which breaks the bank at 106 for 5 gallons. But it's cheaper than replacing a hydro unit.

  7. #7Deeretracks2014-09-04 00:32

    Don't have my bible on me so not sure on the capacity off hand but the maintenance decal on the side should list it. I have only ever put Hygard in them, sure it ain't cheap but you know it will work for 1000hrs. Yes, change the oil and filter.

  8. #8born2ride2014-09-04 08:19

    Thank you I checked on line if correct takes 15qts. Is the a special way to fill? Something like put 5 in the start and run check at certain rpm?? And will I get all 15qts out? Is there A torque converter drain?

  9. #9Deeretracks2014-09-04 18:51

    My specs show 8.5-9qts for a 310e. I'm pretty sure they went away from the t/c drain on the e-models. Should just have to drain the main trans case. I've always dumped in approx as much as came out then started and rechecked.

  10. #10born2ride2014-09-04 21:07

    Thanks . That is on my list to do ASAP! Do you know any aftermarket places to get rear side glass Both are blown out. I have not found any and was thinking the dealer is the only option . Called a few junk yard no luck.

  11. #11Deon2014-09-04 21:26

    Try these guys. http://www.brokentractor.com/jdindustrial.htm

  12. #12born2ride2014-09-07 20:58

    Sorry for delay been working on a Vicon Km281 .. Here is a short clip of the power steering noise .. at this particle engine load it loud. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7InNi-hFXo

  13. #13hosspuller2014-09-10 10:26

    Sounds like a pressure relief to me. Lift the front wheels off the ground and try it again. See if there is any change in noise.

  14. #14born2ride2014-09-12 18:58

    Thanks for the information going to try that over weekend

  15. #15born2ride2014-09-18 17:13

    I pull the front wheels off ground and you can still here and feel buzz in steering wheel. It is lighter in sound.

  16. #16jd310e2014-12-06 21:32

    the more likely it is lack of hydraulic ... once happened to me

  17. #17born2ride2014-12-06 22:55

    Do you mean a weak pump? Or something else

  18. #18jd310e2014-12-06 23:34

    low level of hydraulic oil. that was the solution for me. I hope yours too.