Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD 310SG oil change – how do I crank the engine but not start?

Armymutt · 2021-01-07 09:19

The manual says: IMPORTANT: Before starting engine after a filter change, crank engine for ten seconds without starting to fill new engine oil filter and pre-lubricate the turbocharger, if equipped. How do I accomplish this? I don't see a fuel shutoff valve.

Replies3
  1. #1thepumpguysc2021-01-07 09:41

    If it’s a diesel & shuts off w the key switch, there is an electric solenoid at the injection pump.. simply un-plug it.. That’s if it has a mechanical inj. pump.. If it’s a common rail system.. same principle but idk where the wire is.

  2. #2excavator2021-01-07 11:35

    I've never done that and it's not been an issue, but you can always pre-fill the filter before screwing it on.

  3. #3JL Sargent2021-01-07 13:13

    On that backhoe I believe the pump is controlled by a computer.