Hello. I have a JD 310SG, got a couple questions. Twice now in the 2 years I have had the machine I have noticed in the morning that the extend a hoe has dropped a foot or so overnight. Can anyone tell me why that happened? Also, my quick attach (I believe that's the term), front bucket gives me some problems. The pins are sticky as far as going in and out. I have to sort of bang the bucket frame against the loader arms to get the pins in or out depending on the switch position. I have cleaned the area and greased it, still doesn't seem to want to work well. It works but I would think it should work better. Thank you in advance for your help.
From leakage internally in the system for that operation loop. Cylinder seals wear, control spool leaks, External hose leaks, Relief or port relief leaks ect..... From what I am reading this is normal. The pins cant have much load on them to slide in and out. You might make sure you dont have a bent pin.
Thank you very much for the reply. I wondered the same thing about the quick attach, I won't worry about that. Seeing how the extend a hoe only sagged 2 days in 2 years, I'm assuming it can't be a significant leak? I don't see any sign of leaking on the ground ever. Thanks again for your help.
I wouldn't worry about that extend a hoe leaking down a little. Probably the piston seal has some wear causing that. Might still go for years yet before giving up the ghost.
Thank you. Also, i'm sure the pins are not bent. They are in good shape.
Are the pins well lubed? How do they work just by themselves, not trying to hook up anything?
I moved them in and out of the few times, cleaned them and greased them. They work about the same if I am hooking up the bucket or not. Thanks for the post.