1TO320EKPEJ270006 485Hrs EH controls To start, a hose blew hose under the cab. I replaced the hose, refilled the system with 5 gallons of Hy-Guard. Did the basic bleeding slowly running all the hydraulics. Brought the machine back to the yard to clean everything up. Everything seemed to be ok for the next few times it was run and operated but then out of nowhere, especially after warming up, bucket and boom hydraulics were real slow, sometimes not working at all. The machine didn't want to go forward or backward either. Higher rpm's would get them working but it never used to be like that.I checked the door and lap bar safeties and all are good. The other day the owner called me down, while one of the workers was loading debris, the machine did a auto shutdown with a loaded boom in the air. I got it restarted, brought it back in the yard. Water level is good. Fluids are always checked.The machine said water temp sensor data above normal. The visual temp gauge was above normal. (not overheated, I guess that's why it does a shutdown) I checked the fan and noticed it was turning slow, stopping and turning slow again. Higher rpm's let it turn steady but not fast, eventually slowing down again. I can compare it with the other 320E we have. I know the fan is turned by a hydraulic pump motor (that costs $1170) so that makes me think I'm back to improper pressure in the hydraulics. I removed the hydraulic filter element to see if there was anything unusual. There was some small, not many metal filings in the bottom of the canister that didn't seem like they got past the filter. I know any metal filings are no good filings. I will replaced the element Monday. I should have replaced it in the field but it was a emergency repair. I want to check the hydraulic pressure but have to find a pressure gauge and the right fitting. I'm assuming the fitting next to the hydraulic canister is where to test it. I also need to get a download of the repair and service manuals. Any help if somebody has a download of the repair and service manual, it would be much appreciated. Repair manual # TM13011X19 and Diagnostic and Test Manual TM13007X19. I'd rather have books but that's more money. I spoke with a tech Tuesday from John Deere. He said I need to check a inline screen in the hydraulic line. In a block with some other connections around under the hydraulic tank. I can't find it. Figured while everything was open and cab up, I would check all the electrical plugs and harnesses. The tech also told me to check the fan pump, disconnect the wire from the solenoid and the fan should turn full speed. It doesn't. Same slow speed to the point it stops. I asked if the fan engages when the sensors call for it and he said yes. He said it will always turn slow if it isn't calling for it to be cooled. The other 320E we have has a reverse fan option but has a steady speed when it's not calling for it to turn, when it kicks in, it's fast. I have so much time in this right now. So many sensors and solenoids. I've been retired for ten years but just trying to help this guy out. It's starting to make me crazy. Until I can check the hydraulic inline screen and the hydraulic pressure to rule out a bad hydraulic pump, ANY help would be much appreciated. My email is [email protected] Thanks ahead, Mike M
Just to eliminate it did you check for codes in the monitor? Should have used Hydrau, Hygard is not the recommended oil for that machine. It should always be turning. When the fan quits like that it is most likely from debris. That is the first component to be affected from debris because that system is unfiltered. The charge pump picks up oil from the tank unfiltered and sends it to the fan system, then it is filtered after the fan system before it enters the hydrostats. Pictures? If you are seeing metal on the bottom of the filter can then there is a component failure. That will get you the charge pressure and that is what controls the fan. Good place to start. However charge pressure does not affect the hydraulics. That is a separate pump. If your hydraulics are slow I'm betting on a hydraulic pump failure. You should also check system pressure. That can be checked at one of the quick couplers on the auxiliaries. Mounted on the floor of the belly pan. Looking in with the cab up it is on your left side towards the engine and partially under the hydrostatic pumps. A real bitch to get to. Was this machine running any attachments when the failure happened?
Thanks for getting back to me. First thing I did was check the codes. I took pictures and video of every one of them. 16 total, most old. I wrote everyone of them and their meanings when I got home.(joystick axis left and right, speed sensor lefthand right, fuel lever sensor, etc. I cleared all the stored codes and tried like hell to get any of them to come back up but none so far. The machine always ran great until that hose blew. The trouble started about a few days after. The only new code was the water temp above normal data last week when it did the shutdown. That's when I looked farther into the cooling system and noticed the fan situation. No codes or indicator relating to hydraulics. I also did use the Hydrau, not Hy-Gard.(mistyped and losing my mind, both) I read it in the user manual and called Jesco (our local JD Shop) I picked up 3 2 1/2 gallon containers from them. I had him confirm what type to use with my serial number. I do have video I can take screenshot pic of the metal in the canister. I actually saved it on a rag in the shop. I'll try to upload a pic. I never did it on this site but can't be that hard. I have to look through my tools and see if I have the right pressure gauge and find the right fittings for it. An old friend of mine that has all Deere farming equipment may have everything to test the pressures with the different fittings. I ordered the pdf. manuals this morning. The TM13011X19 and TM13007X19. I'll see if they send me them today. That should help locating solenoids and sensors on this 320. There is so many, I get overwhelmed. Parts for these could run a man broke. Especially these hydraulic pumps. I want to be sure before I spend that kind of money. I guess if I worked on these everyday, I would be more familiar. I will check that screen you gave me the location of and of course nothing seems to be in a good spot to work on. When the hydraulic trouble started, Nobody used any attachments. Initially when the hose had blown under the cab, the machine was pushing snow. The other question I have is how long did the operator leave this machine running after it lost all the fluid? It lost almost 5 gallons to be exact.It was a lower hose to a drive. just to add to the facts, I had some time last night to remove the fan blade, unplug the wire from the solenoid and the fan, put the blade back on and still had the same slow speed after warmup. The JD tech said unplug the fan and it should be turning full speed. So much for that idea. I'm assuming that is a solenoid I unplugged that would open and close the flow. I also threw in the new hydraulic element. Let me see if I can do some uploads here and I will keep you informed. I also have to check why either of his backhoes 310sg and 310sj's cab heat is not getting hot. Another thread I guess. Hopefully just locate and test, maybe replace the thermostats. That would sound to easy. Again, thx so much. Mike M
Total system capacity is 7 gallons. That is the question.