Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD 323E Accessory Power Post

danletkeman ยท 2024-01-25 17:42

Does anyone know if there is an accessory power post located somewhere on a 323E? There is a 12v socket just below the screen on the left side, but I want to wire our VHF radio and our amber flasher to the accessory post instead of using the socket.

Replies3
  1. #1512high2024-01-25 18:12

    I'm sure someone will respond to your question, I will give you my opinion , I have been around two radios(installs etc) for a while, I personally would run your "hot" lead(Red/positive) DIRECTLY TO THE BATTERY! We have a Motorola UHF radio in our CAT 908M wheel loader, that's what I did, depending on the wattage that VHF has for an output, I wouldn't gamble piggy backing /tapping into a fuse. Make sure your VHF has a inline fuse on it.

  2. #2danletkeman2024-01-25 19:57

    Our Deere wheel loaders have always had accessory posts which is where we have had VHF radios connected to for decades. This way it only gets power when the machine is running, and we don't have to hear all of the radio chatter if people forget to turn the radio off. It also doesn't drain the battery if we have a machine sitting on the yard and there is a lot of radio chatter while the machine is not in use. Coming from experience, having radio's powered directly from the battery means dead batteries guaranteed. I have some with fuses and some without. Never blown one yet. The factory wiring that comes with the radios I have does have a fuse, however some radios were installed using previous wiring and it seems to work fine. I would also like the flasher and the VHF radio on the accessory post as I need to use the accessory socket for a JDLink M Modem power source.

  3. #3mg23612024-01-26 12:20

    There is only one auxiliary power source that I can think of. It hangs out the bottom of the fuse/relay panel (accessed with the cab up). It is a red wire labeled P02. It used for the crankcase breather heater, if you have that. If you don't, you could tap off off that.