My JD 329D has starting making a odd noise at start up, typically goes away in a minute or two. It sounds a little like a vacuum cleaner "WHOOOOOOOOOO" . Sometimes if I pop the throttle it goes away. My initial reaction is to pull the belt and check the belt tensioner, water pump, alternator for bearing failure. Anyone have a better suggestions? Seems mostly to do it when it's cold. It seems to be operating fine. Serial #1T0329DKPA0191134
Is the cooling system fan turning at maximum speed at startup? Post a video of the noise?
The cooling system is not turning at maximum speed, it typically turns at that very slow speed till it warms up enough and then is variable. When it reverse rotations it's at max speed and very noticeable noise. I can see if I can capture the sound.
Turned out to be alternator, forgot to post to close the thread up.