I have a JD333E CTL and will soon be needing a final drive. It's generating a lot of metal and starting to make a singing noise from excess clearances in the planetary. I'm keeping the oil changed every 20 - 30 hours and not getting any chunky metal but a large amount of fine and shaving type of metal from the magnets. JD does not sell parts for these independent of just a few ones. I can order the parts from the manufacturer(which isn't JD) but I need the manufacturer part number instead of the JD number. They have an agreement not to sell JD numbered parts but JD is triple the price. Anyone else ever ran into this and does anyone have the manufacturer numbers for these units. They are manufactured by Fairfield Oerlikon. I have ordered a few things from them in the past through one of their dealers but I don't have all the fairfield numbers crossed over from the deere numbers. Things like the duo-cone seal and the main hub bearings. Most of the other stuff I can get from the parts when I remove. Aside from JD wanting to sell you a complete final or sending my unit to one of the final repair shops(which I've had a bad experience with) there is no other way to rebuild/repair these units.
Call Fairfield and give them the jd part number. They can cross it to their number but ide bet its a oem proprietary component.
I've spoke to a dealer of theirs a few times and was informed that I had to give them "their" number and not a JD number and then they could send it to me. The planetaries and internal parts are stamped with the fairfield numbers and I can order them but the hub bearings and the duo cones are not stamped with a number and fairfield can't give them to me.
Yeah a dealer isn't going to help. Take pictures from different angles and get ahold of yhe manufacturer of it. I know someone there will know exactly what it is. You just have to get yhe right person