Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Jd 35d bucket cylinder cap wiper ring/seal

Kale343 · 2024-01-18 01:19

The new seal I have has a metal or aluminum casing around the rubber. Outside diameter is larger than the cylinder cap lip to press in. Am I missing something? All the aftermarket part kits show the same style ring. Referenced the seal kit part number from parts manual so I know I’m clear there. Will call dealer tomorrow but figured I’d ask here first! Thanks!

Replies7
  1. #1mg23612024-01-18 05:09

    Please provide the machine serial number and the part number of the kit you purchased.

  2. #2Kale3432024-01-18 05:32

    Serial 1FF035DXHCG270455 Part 4614058 seal kit from zerksplus

  3. #3mg23612024-01-18 05:48

    That is the correct seal kit part number. Makes me wonder if it was packaged wrong, or labelled wrong. When I get to work, I'll see if we have a kit in stock and see what seal is in it.

  4. #4Vetech632024-01-18 07:45

    The metal ring of your wiper is still in the gland. Take that out and your new wiper will fit.

  5. #5mg23612024-01-18 11:55

    Good catch. I didn't look at the photo....DUH!

  6. #6Kale3432024-01-18 14:04

    Got it. Man I feel stupid. New to the heavy equipment world. thank you!

  7. #7Vetech632024-01-19 08:47

    Don't feel bad my brother. I've been doing this for 40+ years and still have that feeling once a month LOL