Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD 35D Throttle Issue

biggerhammer ยท 2014-11-25 18:15

Im working on a John Deere 35D SN pre26000. Throttle cable bound up tight holding the fuel pump on full at all times. SYS symbol blinking in display. Look at the break down and see there's an actuator and controller in the mix. Talked to a JD tech and his limited experience was change one and then the other-no real way of diagnosing. I looked at the controller and see theres a 6 pin connector dummy plugged and looks like something can happen there for testing or hooking up diagnostics? Dealer wants 1300 for both parts so im not too inclined to plug and play. Anyone have any experience or info with this issue? Thanks

Replies2
  1. #1tool_king2014-11-25 23:40

    biggerhammer Can you email a picture of the connector you have.Email is [email protected] Thanks ED

  2. #2biggerhammer2014-12-06 19:12

    not sure if that worked or not? Anyway- I got the parts in hand, started by unplugging everything to try and soft reset. Hooked back up-no luck. The actuator smelled like burnt electrical so started with that, just plugged the new one in-no luck. Plugged the old one back in and tried a new controller-no luck. So I put both new in and it started working. I then tried hooking up the old actuator again with new controller-no go. Old controller new actuator-it worked this time. However the controller was the cheaper of the 2 and I didn't want to risk wiping out the new actuator if the old controller was sending out a bad signal or whatever so I replaced them both-all is good now.