Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD 410 high/low/park shifter question.

js127227 ยท 2014-02-14 22:23

I am having a problem with the high/low/park shifter lever. The backhoe wants to move when the shifter is in the neutral position. When you shift it into low the backhoe just bogs down. I also noticed you can pull the lever all the way back towards you on the low side which I don't think you should be able to do. I took the top cover off of the transmission so I can see the shifter forks. Everything seems to be working properly. The set screw for the high/park shifter was loose so I did tighten that up. I tried to see if the shaft would move for adjustment but it did not so I just tightened it down. Everything else looks intact. The shifter lever is not broke at all. The forks that the lever go to are aligned also. I must be over looking something simple. I parked it one day after using it for several hours and the next day it won't move. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Replies1
  1. #1Delmer2014-02-15 21:05

    You're getting close. It seems to me that it's stuck in high range. Can you see that the shift forks are disengaging the collars correctly? especially high and park and what is supposed to stop the movement towards you on the low side. A pic might help, if there's room to see anything. I tried jdparts but it brought up a pdf translated from German and I couldn't find any high low park...:Banghead