Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD 410D No crank No start?

48kenworth ยท 2016-02-27 23:02

Ok Let me start by apologizing My first post here is with a problem and likely I wont be much help to anybody else here since I only have the one backhoe and it is just for my personal use. Second thanks for any help you can offer me here! So on to my problem. I have a 1995 JD 410D 4X4 backhoe last night I started and moved the tractor to gain access to another piece of equipment and everything was fine. Later when I went to put the backhoe back in it's normal spot it would not crankover with the key, I also noticed the red light in the parking brake switch is now not illuminating. If I turn the key on and jump the starter relay under the hood the engine will start but that little red light in the park brake switch still does not come on and I cannot gain any locomotive power from the tractor, it just sits there like I have not released the park brake yet. I do not have a wiring diagram to go off of here so I am kinda at a loss. Where does the start wire go when it leaves the control panel? Does the starter wire connect to anything related to the parking brake? How does the FNR control play into this? Or better yet does anybody know whats wrong with this thing? Most of the wiring is in braided socks and in hard to get at places so it is going to be hard to trace these wires down to figure out how this works! And what does the "Logic module" actually do? Thanks Again for the help!

Replies9
  1. #1Blueboy2016-03-02 21:14

    You guys with your fancy new machines My best guess would be something simple, like your parking brake you mentioned. Is there some kind of safety gadget on it somewhere? Or some other safety doodad somewhere else. Keep looking for a wiring diagram. Hopefully someone will help you narrow it down. Welcome to the forum

  2. #2Delmer2016-03-02 22:48

    As far as I know, the logic module only turns on your idiot lights and alarm. Most likely a neutral switch (two of them?), or the start relay. The wires are numbered, aren't they? that should help, but a diagram would also help. On second thought, maybe you better wait for somebody who knows how the D's work...

  3. #348kenworth2016-03-03 09:41

    Thanks for the replies. I know the starter relay is good since that's how I got it started before. I just don't get key power to the relay. Yes the wires were numbered 20 years ago. I couldn't tell you how many neutral switches it has or where they are located for that matter, I hate to go probing wires since a hole in the insulation usually leads to more problems down the road. Hopefully somebody with a solid grasp on the finer points of my electrical system will shed some pitty on me.

  4. #4Delmer2016-03-03 11:49

    Yeah, no movement sounds more like something electrical upstream of the parking brake. The neutral switches wouldn't do that, I don't think.

  5. #5NH575E2016-03-03 13:16

    Try going to the JD parts and search for the starter relay parts list for your serial number. Then enlarge the photo that comes up and copy or save it to view. Might give you some ideas where to look. http://jdpc.deere.com/jdpc/servlet/com.deere.u90490.partscatalog.view.servlets.HomePageServlet_Alt

  6. #648kenworth2016-03-08 18:00

    Ok I fixed it. As usual it was something simple and stupid. The wire leaving the " park brake / FNR" fuse lost connection where the terminal crimps to it in the fuse block. A couple new fuse block terminals has it back in action.

  7. #7lantraxco2016-03-08 18:30

    :drinkup

  8. #8old-iron-habit2016-03-08 20:28

    Thanks for reporting back with the fix. Its always nice to know what the problem was.

  9. #9Blueboy2016-03-09 11:54

    Music to my ears. :usa