Is there a fuel pump primer or something on this thing? I'm having a hard time getting it started. It'll start right up then stall. At that point, it is starved for fuel unless I use ether. Battery is good, starter and solenoid are good. If fuel pump is bad it wouldn't stay running, right? Once it's running it's good to go. I can shut it off and start back up hours later with no problems. I had an electrical issue and now my display doesn't come on. Is it that maybe the fuel pump isn't getting power to push the fuel and only using the fuel that remained in the line but once its started the fuel is sucked in? Seems like that's not it! ????
410G or 310G? Is this the same backhoe as before? It probably doesn't matter in this case, but it might.
If I remember right the 310g uses a Mecanical pump. With a manual primers. Think it’s on the right side of the motor near the fuel filter
B is the primer.
It shouldn't need the primer except if you run it out of fuel, or change the filter. It sounds like it's sucking air, from a clog and/or cracked fuel suction hose. I'd inspect or replace the fuel suction hose from the tank to the priming/transfer pump, inspect any other fuel hoses or fittings on the suction side of the transfer pump, and remove and inspect the strainer screen on the fuel pickup in the tank. If you find a cracked fuel hose, do that first and see if it fixes it before messing with the tank.
First thing I would check is the fuel tank vent. It’s located on the cap and plugs easily. When you have the issue. Remove the cap and pay attention to see if there is any kind of suction. It is normally more noticeable on a cool morning.
I’ve had the supplypump start going bad and start sucking air .it would run fine as long as you didn’t shut it off . When you shut it off air would go to top of filter . When you started it it would start with fuel in injector pump then stall. To check start machine ,when it stalls pull filter and see if you have fuel to top of filter.
I'm having similar starting issues and noticed the primer is leaking. Is it easy to replace the gasket and here is a novice question: how the heck do I open the hood when the machine doesn't start? I can't lift the bucket.
Sounds like a fuel delivery issue, especially if it starts with ether. If your display’s out after an electrical issue, the fuel pump might not be getting power—so it’s only using what's left in the line. Once running, it works because the pump catches up. Check the fuel pump fuse, relay, and wiring. Hope this helps— Car Ride Arabia is here if you need more tips!
A crane, another machine, fork lift, build a gantry crane and a chain hoist, lots of wood blocks and a nice jack. So many ways to do it, some are quick and some are not. Some are sort of dangerous and some are not. Some times you can work around what ever is in the way as well. Oh, a (correct psi) high pressure electric powered hydraulic pump, or engine powered using the correct fluild and pipe into the system for pressure?