Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD 410G Pilot Control Problem / Electrical

bremery ยท 2011-11-01 20:04

I am looking for some help. I am working on a 2005 John Deere 410G that has hydraulic pilot controls. The machine is not mine. While digging backhoe controls stop working. It doesn't happen all the time either, and is hard to replicate. When the controls go out, the digital display goes dead and any ignition controlled stop working. The machine will also go into 4WD. I have checked for broken wires going up to the pilot control lockout switch. I have also checked the fuses. I am thinking it is a switched power relay or maybe the ignition switch itself. The owner said that he can giggle the key switch and get everything to work again. I was not successful with this remedy. If anyone has an electrical diagram they would be willing to share with me that would be appreciated. Your advice is welcome too.

Replies2
  1. #1bremery2011-11-20 20:34

    Just an update. I believe my problem was due to a bad power solenoid that is located next to the fuse panel near the front windshield. The manual calls it the K2 Power relay, but its really a solenoid. It applies switched power to all the gauges, and accessories including the pilot control switch. I replaced it and everything has been fine so far. Since the problem was intermittent, I hooked up three test lights to the solenoid to monitor power from the key switch, from the battery, and the output of the solenoid that feeds the accessories. When everything went dead, only one light was out and it was the feed to the accessories telling me that the solenoid was not transferring power.

  2. #2willie592011-11-20 21:01

    Or possibly the relay is losing its ground?