Hydraulics are not working smoothly. I suspect a dirty filter. Any advice on how to remove hydraulic tank cover plate to access filters? I have removed the 6 bolts. The plate can be lifted some but refuses to come off. What am I doing wrong?
Could be low on fluid, or a tiny non leaking pinhole in the suction line.
It should come straight up and out. The video is for a 450C, but it appears to be the same filter assembly.
Thank you Tinkerer. The video helped. The bolt holding the filter on had loosened up. The filter was catching the tank opening. After much prying and fiddling I got it out with the cover. Locktite will be used on the reinstall.
After looking at the parts diagram the culprit of the filter failure was missing parts. It looks like the filter had been installed without the bushing and the spring. That would explain bolt loosening. Now I will have to go fishing with a magnet to see if the parts are still in the tank.
Fishing netted zero parts in the tank. Went online to purchase needed parts. Appear to be unavailable. Next stop the local hardware store to come up with something compatible. I am a little confused. The filter that is attached to the tank cover plate is listed as the return filter. Is there a suction filter? If so , where is it?
Some calls to salvage yards may come up with the parts you need. From the service manual. It sez it may or may not have the other filter you are asking about.