Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD 450c

Ole mountain man ยท 2024-07-20 16:16

Hello folks, I've been given the task of replacing the engine in a JD450c. I've never done such a thing so any help I can get would be highly appreciated. Two questions to start. Where would I find the engine data plate, and second is, does anyone have a lead on a replacement motor? Either complete, or a long block, as it's thrown a rod out the side of the block. Thanks in advance Jim

Replies6
  1. #1Diesel Dave2024-07-21 11:39

    Welcome to HEF Jim . Google Deere 450C crawler complete engine, that will get you started.

  2. #2Ole mountain man2024-07-21 19:02

    Thanks and thanks for having me abord. I've done just that and found a couple of leads. I was hoping someone might have a personal recommendation.

  3. #3Diesel Dave2024-07-22 11:21

    The left track is on backwards, wonder if that was intentional to max out chain life.

  4. #4Ole mountain man2024-07-22 15:29

    Dang had no idea that was so It was like that when purchased. I found a couple of motor sources. Any help on where the engine data plate is.

  5. #5Diesel Dave2024-07-22 16:58

    I posted a screenshot from the parts book introduction page in post #2 with machine serial plate and engine serial plate locations.

  6. #6Ole mountain man2024-07-22 17:45

    Thanks DD, I looked all over for the introduction page. Then I actually read what you'd written. Duh