Has anyone installed a bosch alternator like this one in the link on a 450C, it appears to work on John Deere and the one on the 450c is not charging and we got a free one so would like to try it. Even a wiring diagram would be helpful. Thank You http://heavyduty.boschautoparts.com/AlternatorsAndStarters/Documents/2212161_UnivAltCat06.pdf
There's a simple wiring diagram on the second page of that link, what more do you need?
Yes I seen that but I don't have same color wires, and not sure where D+ actually goes to on the 450. Also there is a FLD and STA on our alternator. What I think I'm looking for is a diagram for the 450 charging system. Thank You
Without thinking too hard, if you get the big battery wire to the right place, and the tachometer W wire to the right place, then you have a 50/50 shot at getting the other one right and pretty sure you won't hurt anything if those two are mixed up. If you want to be scientific, see which of the two small wires is hot with the key on and use that one.
All that D+ wire is, is one that's hot with the switch on, to excite the alternator. It should be the wire that comes from your alternator light (if you have one). If you always use the master switch on your dozer, (which you really should), you can just use a short jumper wire from the B+ terminal. If you do this, and park the tractor without turning the master switch off, it will kill the battery. Otherwise, you can use any wire that is hot with the key on.
Thank You that is what I needed to know, switched power to d+ to excite alternator. Now it shouldn't be to hard to figure out with a test light.