Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD 450D LC Fuel Filter Restriction Issues

McColman ยท 2019-08-13 15:31

I am trying to solve an issue with our JD 450D LC. We swapped out all the fuel filters and went to fire the machine up. It ran fine for about 2 mins then the fuel filter restriction warning popped up and the machine went into limp mode. It was fine before we changed the filters. We checked the tank, lines, and banjo screen for debris. Found some black sludge in the banjo screen so started pulling lines and draining the fuel tank. Cleaned out the fuel tank and didn't find much if anything at all, just a small amount of sediment(A couple tiny grains). Cleaned all lines going into filters, blew everything out. Didn't appear to be any restrictions. After checking the lines, fittings, tank, and filter housing I am still getting this Filter Restriction Issue. Local service guys thought maybe a sensor. So we started puling sensors from a twin machine and trying those. We know they worked in the old machine but did not solve our issue with the filter restriction. I would like to avoid calling in a JD service tech and was hoping someone here might be able to help out??

Replies2
  1. #1thepumpguysc2019-08-13 16:55

    That Black sludge was probably the inside of one of the rubber fuel lines breaking down..?? & when u rev it, the line is collapsing onto itself creating the "restriction"... U should be able to SEE IT happening.. That's how I found it.. Have someone work the throttle & u walk around feeling the lines.. It usually the longest run hose.. {tank to filter} Good luck & I hope this helped..

  2. #2McColman2019-08-13 17:26

    Will give that a go in the morning and let you know how it turns out !!