Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD 450H won’t start

Rooster75 ยท 2015-11-30 12:31

Just bought this Dozer month ago so I'm not real familiar with John Deere yet. It's rain close to 10" here this month so I've not gotten to run it much. It's been sitting for couple of weeks & won't start. Finally got it Goin by giving it a small shot of either. It acts like its losing fuel after it sits for a while. Is there an electric shut off or valve of some sort. Also the batteries are weak but still wouldn't start with booster cables. Any help is much appreciated.

Replies3
  1. #1Monserandsons2015-11-30 19:32

    im not familiar with newer models, however older ones have a primer on the mechanical fuel pump and if its left in the upper position it wont pump fuel. just athought. drove me nuts for about 48 hours

  2. #2partsandservice2015-12-01 00:35

    On the engine, anywhere there is a metal fuel line there is a grommet at the fitting . They deteriorate over time. Check them all on supply side.

  3. #3Rooster752015-12-02 08:05

    Think I found the problem. There was fuel all over fuel filter assembly so it's leaking somewhere. Took filter off & reinstalled it & made sure it was tight. Cleaned it all up so if there is another leak maybe I can see it. Thanks guys.