Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD 490E Swing doesn’t work unless you pull stick in

CJGaul ยท 2015-04-30 09:02

Hi, I am working on a John Deere 490E and the swing will not work unless you pull the stick in. Any idea what could be happening or where should we start to troubleshoot this? Thank you!

Replies2
  1. #1CJGaul2015-04-30 12:39

    Fixed I found the problem and here is how I fixed it: Open left side engine compartment door. The 2nd little valve block inward is called a Pilot Check Valve. On the far side of that valve is a pressure switch I swapped it out for the one on the near side as they are the same it began working. I then replaced the bad one.

  2. #2bobcan2015-05-01 03:51

    Hey.. I would NOT have been able to help you, but I surely DO appreciate you telling us here What You Found and thus helping others in future perhaps.. Good Work!! :thumbsup