I am new to backhoes and have been looking for one to get projects done on the property. There is a local selling a 1980s John Deere 500c. Says it runs good, is easy start, has 4 way front bucket and a large rear backhoe. Recently had hydraulic filters changed and then went to move it and says it is moving slow. Selling as -is with unknown transmission issue. He says there are screens to change and but can’t locate them. All buckets and out riggers work well. Last fall when started, it would not move. Owner let it sit until spring, changed fluids but could not find screens to clean. Moved again then stopped. Has not moved since. Wants 7 k for it, which seems high to me. I am planning to go look at it, but just wondered what people with knowledge thought? Should I run from it? Anyone know where to download the manuals for it? Thanks. Mule76
I wonder if there is a reason the rear tires are mounted backwards. For manuals-- maybe eBay. Do an internet search. The screen is #26. it is shown at the bottom of the image.
***************************/john-deere/john-deere-500c-loader-backhoe-technical-manual-tm-1038/ $7K for a 30+ year old machine that won't move is a joke. Joe H