Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Jd 50d

wvfarmervet ยท 2008-06-14 08:43

Just curious anyone have a JD 50. I'd love to see some pictures/video of work it is capable of doing. for example around a farm/brush/small timber. thanks.

Replies6
  1. #1CM19952008-06-14 10:34

    Although not specifically about the 50D, this thread might be of interest.

  2. #2PipeGuy2008-06-15 09:25

    I have a 50D also. I only have about 400 hours on it so far. I have demo'd a garage, installed 8' deep storm sewer, broke concrete. Last week I set a 4' diameter manhole with an invert in it. I couldn't believe that it actually lifted it. I have dug out some pretty large stumps. They were so large that I couldn't lift it. The tree was about 3' in diameter. I just dug around it and under it and gradually pulled up out of the hole. It took some time but it was the only machine I had at the time.

  3. #3JCBgm2008-06-18 18:09

    wvfarmervet... Where in WV are you located. My dealership is in Charleston (I live in Parkersburg). We have a used 50D with 400 hours that we could let you demo for a day or two. 304-776-6900 ask for Chad

  4. #4wvfarmervet2008-06-20 04:50

    pm'ed

  5. #5HighlanderRanch2009-02-24 17:53

    Good evening everyone, New to the site and just registerd and have to post 3 replies before I can start a thread. Question for anyone with a JD 50D, How do you like the machine overall??? and does anyone out there have Roadliner tracks instead of the standard rubber tracks??? I am close on purchasing a new JD 50 or a new Komatsu PC 45 any info would be great.

  6. #6bluntman410g2009-02-25 12:24

    i like my 50 and 35c deere. digs very good, fits good on a skidloader trailer so we dont have to pull it around on semi, overall its a good machine i just wish ours had thumbs on them and cabs. rubber tracks not sure on brand