Hello everyone, this is my first post: I Work for a school district that has a JD 5100E tractor the unit serial # is 1LV5100ELHH402709 it is a 2017 with 2000 hours. the unit has 4 codes: 3216.09 - Inlet NOx sensor loss of communication, 3226.09 - Outlet NOx sensor loss of communication, 3516.09 - Tank Heater fault - loss of communication and a code 5128.06 ? - have no idea. (I will be ordering the service manual to acquire the wiring schematics and diagrams as soon as I receive a PO for the purchase.) I haven't dug into the unit as of yet, but just wanted to reach out to see if this problems is common or do I have start going wire by wire chasing this thing down.
Welcome to HEF meheis33 ! There is not much Deere AG info here on HEF. Since that machine has a 4045 engine, and I don't know what level engine controller it has, I randomly chose a FT4 manual and I will PM you information on the 3216 code. Hopefully you ordered the engine manual for that machine. Those codes will not likely be in the machine manual. But I can't say for sure since I do not deal with AG.
MG2361, Thank you for all your help. I was able to order the Manual (engine performance - 500.00 bucks + engine repair 500.00). But also found out that the tractor only has 2 more weeks left of emission warranty (it will also take two weeks before the manual arrives). We flipped a coin and decided to take the tractor to John Deere and hope that good luck will be on our side and the repair falls under warranty.
Yep, you are right. I didn't look. You have 20 days remaining for the emissions warranty. Let us know the end result.
New to the forum here, currently dealing with a 5100m. Has intermittent 3216.09 and 3226.09. Found this thread and was wondering what the outcome was. Thanks