Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD 510C not drawing fuel from AUX tank

Marten ยท 2025-09-08 17:42

I was trying to draw down fuel in the Aux tank before winter hits but even though I have the switch in the Aux position it is still taking fuel from the main tank. How did I discover this? I operated her for about 6 hours total and noted that the main tank was a little less than 1/2 when I started and the Aux tank read full. So after the 6+ hour run the Aux is still full and the main is near empty. She starts and runs fine and being a newbie on Heavy equipment I am clueless, I have the operator, test and service manuals and they are of no help. TIA, Marty

Replies2
  1. #1reganj2025-09-08 20:53

    Provide a serial number and some of the smart fellers here will give you some educated information

  2. #2Diesel Dave2025-09-09 09:43

    The main/aux dash switch is only to display the fuel level in the tank selected. The fuel transfer pump only pulls fuel from the auxiliary tank which is filled from the main tank.