Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Jd 544 K

Karl7216! ยท 2024-02-28 01:50

Wont shift from 2nd to third also wont shift to 4th

Replies7
  1. #1heymccall2024-02-28 02:21

    Use monitor to retrieve fault codes. Convey them here.

  2. #2mg23612024-02-28 05:44

    Plus add the machine serial number.

  3. #3Karl7216!2024-02-28 10:05

    Serial number is DW544KHACE649256 This is a 2012 machine There are no fault codes. One thing i am wondering is if i have the transmission too full of oil. I took some out but when it is warmed up the oil level sight glass still shows full to the top of it.

  4. #4mg23612024-02-28 11:53

    Do you have reverse 3rd?

  5. #5Karl7216!2024-02-29 00:28

    I drove it today in manual mode. all the gears engage and work. forward and backward. I went to diagnostics- for the transmission. Torque converter rpm's drop in 3rd and 4th gears. . It wont operate at the speed that would be expected in 3rd and 4th gears. going downhill it will go up to about 9nph in 4th gear. my guess which i need verified would be torque converter problem?

  6. #6mg23612024-02-29 05:13

    Is your clutch cutoff turned off on the SSM? Left brake pedal stuck partially down? I suggest a converter stall test be done. Check your messages for the procedure. Post the results.

  7. #7Karl7216!2024-02-29 10:11

    clutch cutoff turned off. need to check brake pedal. will check for dirt under pedal this morning. downloaded the stall test.