Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD 544e forklift questions

rwoody ยท 2017-05-29 12:09

NEW Here but not new to Equiptment JD 544e forklift bout right and its AIRFORCE low hrs. Hope to get it set up and rented/leased retire from army in 2 mths!!!! I need a bucket so looking for kits ect and found a wore out 544g is there any reason i cannot change to the G Bucket setup with arms and all and sell some parts off the g and come out ahead? Lord they want bunch of $$ for a coversion to bucket used.......

Replies8
  1. #1rwoody2017-06-04 12:54

    so after much research and looking I need to purchase a burnt out machines from end minus cab and front axle. Southern Equiptment says they need 10000$ plus my shipping about 2500 to make it a loader fixing to retire and rent this out so cannot afford that..doese anyone know a 544e or 544g that has been burnt or wrecked on the rear to buy these parts cheaper?

  2. #2fast_st2017-06-04 18:17

    strange looking setup, looks like the arms attach to the piston anchor points?

  3. #3rwoody2017-06-04 19:35

    that is what i think also heck i might have to fab up top mounts and z bar and mounts and get a bucket and then its right. we can buy the mounts from deere to replace for wear ..have to check prices might be the way to go..i dont think the arms are tthe same but they might be? but have to get personal with a machine and see...... thanks for any ideas this machine i got a bunch in it and thought i would get a bucket and go but am wrong again... only 3000 hrs from new never seen dirt just loaded c-130s on asphalt all its life.

  4. #4rwoody2017-06-04 19:36

    any suggestions from our Members are needed thanks in advance.

  5. #5fast_st2017-06-05 05:36

    I'd bet if you go through the JD parts book online you can see if they use the same part numbers. The arms look a bit shorter esp of they were moved to the top position.

  6. #6rwoody2017-06-05 07:30

    yes will do this week but the parts for the military machine are not in deere books crazy have to lay a tape on a machine

  7. #7southernman132017-06-05 22:30

    I almost bought one of these. Actually was high bidder. I backed out because I got to looking at it and saw the short arms on loader. I didn't know it was different till I took a closer look. Good luck

  8. #8rwoody2017-06-06 08:01

    i need to buy a burnt out machine not much luck off machinery trader as of yet any help of a old/burnt rear machine located needed thanks