Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD 544H Loader boom not moving

JTWAT ยท 2019-03-10 20:44

Friend has a JD544H loader that has been working perfect for years. He does the maint. on it and takes care of it. He called me and said the loader arms and bucket curl started to not move intermittently. No pump noise, hyd. oil full and filter has been changed. Any ideas what is causing this problem? Thanks for all info.

Replies5
  1. #1heymccall2019-03-10 21:42

    Put gauges on it. On mine, the stroke piston on the main pump was sticking, due to excessive wear. Mine would make 3000+psi for 2 seconds after startup, and, that was it. Everything moved, but way beyond stupid slow.

  2. #2mg23612019-03-11 05:30

    Don't rule out the pilot enable circuit.

  3. #3Vetech632019-03-11 06:46

    I had a thought, but the OP's name distracted me. Now I'm completely on a different thought process and I will not be any help here at the moment.

  4. #4JTWAT2019-03-13 16:03

    Lol, you have a dirty mind sir

  5. #5Vetech632019-03-14 06:44