Can anybody tell me what the differences are between the 570A and the 570B?
What are u looking for as far as the differences? The 570B is just a newer version of the "A". The 'B''s started around 1988. The sizes are esentially the same with a few little teaks here and there. Deere went to the standard grader control layout on the B's whereas the 'A's had their own unique control layout.
I have been looking at 570's for sale and I thought I saw some A's that were listed as newer than some of the B's I was looking at. So I figured they were making both models at the same time. I used to run 570's quite a bit back in the 80's but I can't remember if they were A's or B's. They were fairly new machines at the time. Both ends of the blade control were operated with the right hand via two sticks. I also remember a T handle that angled the blade left or right and if you tilted the stick the blade would slide left or right. Is that the unique control layout?
Here is what I think I know. It sounds like you ran a 570 A, I believe the B series was introduced in 1986. The B series was turboed and the hydralic valve bank was relocated more to the outside of the machine. I think that this was done to keep some of the heat radiated from there outside of the cab. Check saddle pins operation before you buy. Mine were frozen from lack of use. I found some information at http://www.buyerzone.com/construction-equipment/motor-graders/ar-john-deere-articulated-grader/
Thanks for the help........anybody else want to chime in???
The 570A was one of the best graders ever made. You are correct the A's had the T handle and the blade lift controls were on the right side of the tree.
Ya, I really liked them. Took me a bit to get used to sitting down while operating but then I loved it. The work day just flew by...