Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD 570A no power steering to right

whegefeld ยท 2023-11-21 16:58

I bought a used JD 570A and when first cranked it automatically turned to the right. I have since rebuilt the steering box and both the left and right cylinders. But now when cranked it stays straight and has power steering to the left but not to the right. Any ideas what else I could try to fix this problem? Thank you.

Replies5
  1. #1Diesel Dave2023-11-22 10:03

    Welcome to HEF whegefeld . Which type of steering valve do you have ? Multiple housings as below , Or orbital type below

  2. #2whegefeld2023-11-26 20:00

    I have the one in the first picture (Fig. 3)

  3. #31693TA2023-11-26 20:07

    Not hard to rebuild but keep everything clean and check for wear. These things get neglected terribly yet relied upon.

  4. #4Diesel Dave2023-11-27 08:54

    Who rebuilt the valve ? Did you try and bleed the system after installed ? Bleed procedure in screenshot below. .

  5. #5crewchief8882023-11-27 15:28

    if the flappers arent adjusted correctly, the steering wont work correctly.