Hi there heavy equipment family. I have a JD 644j that has been an awesome machine however it just developed an issue this week. So I use this loader to load millings maybe 5-10 loads a day so we use it and then it sits until next load. Maybe 2 hours use a day. Well the other day we had a big job and used it for 8 hours. Towards the end of the day the parking brake applied itself while operating machine, about ended up through windshield. It will turn back off and work for a while and then do it again. Thought maybe it was from being hot, but finished that day and the next morning I went down to try it out. 5 min in and it did it again. I have done some searching but don’t want to just throw parts at it if possible. Thanks
Welcome to HEF M Knight . You have a machine serial # ? . Any active or stored service codes ?
Its an oh deere so this problem will only multiply. John deeres are great machines up until about 5000 hours then they just become horrid. If it is over 5000 hours I suggest you sell it and get a anything else in the catalog. Its a shame because their tractors are bullet proof but everything else they make is trash.