Noticed my oil pressue was running a little low the other day. 20lb idle and 30lb @ 85%-90% full throttle. Pressure is fine to start with but after 2 hours it seems to go down some. I have 7200 hrs on tractor and was wondering if this could be a gauge problem or a sensor problem or a bigger problem.
It takes 2 hours to start coming down? Tired oil or tired engine it should drop as soon as the engine gets hot. You might try putting another manual gauge on it temporarily just to see what it says.
I will try that and will check sending unit also. It does come down when engine warms up. What pressure should it run at full throttle?
Don't know what pressure it should run, but generally full throttle pressure hot is about the same as idle pressure cold. I've noticed that Delo runs a little less pressure hot than Rimula or Guardol, and some brands of oil filter raise less pressure.